Below are some of the frequently asked questions from physicians and healthcare professionals about NEPRC services. Find answers to your questions or contact us for more information.
Why do I need a recruiter to assist with my job search?
- With the demanding schedules that physicians face in training or practice, there is limited free time to adequately conduct a successful job search. As a result, physicians often rely solely on openings found through recruiters or Internet job boards. The reality is that nearly all of what's publicly posted only represents about one third of the actual job market (and most of those are in rural locations). Openings with the best groups in the best locations are filled long before the need to advertise. It takes a different approach to find these positions and that's our agency's specialty.
How is NEPRC qualified to represent physicians and practice opportunities?
- We have a long standing relationships with both hospitals and physicians for nearly 20 years. We assists physician recruitment in over 1,400 Hospitals, private practices, and academic centers in the region and in the placements of over thousands of physician and advance practitioner placements. Some of which include the most well respected academic centers in the Northeast such as Harvard, Dartmouth, and Yale.
How do I start the process?
- Contact us by phone, email, or through our website and you will immediately be connected to one of our experienced physician recruiter who specialize in physician recruitment. Your physician recruiter will first want to learn about you, your goals, and interests so as to provide you with the highest level of service possible. Then, all of the necessary information pertinent to your search will be collected and the process of matching you with opportunities we represent begins. We handle all aspects of the physician recruitment process from beginning to end, from CV and interview consultation, negotiation tips. Our goal is to make the entire process hassle free for you.
How long will my search take?
- The length of the job search is dependent on a number of factors, including availability of opportunities, the demand for your practice area, and the requirements you have discussed with your physician recruiter. Certainly, the decision-making timetable of the healthcare organization is a significant factor. In average, you can expect the length of your search to take anywhere from 1-9 months. Fortunately, our knowledge of the physician market, our network of hospitals and practices, and our experience in physician placement will find the right job for you in a timely manner that you desire. Once the physician recruiter has collected all of the necessary information from you, the search process will begin immediately.
Will using a contingency search firm affect my salary?
- No. Our professional recruitment services are paid solely by the recruiting healthcare facility. Physician candidates should never pay to advertise nor pay fees to a recruitment firm for recruitment services.
In what area of the country do you focus?
- NEPRC places physicians with healthcare organizations throughout the Northeast including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and other locations. Our extensive network ensures you have a broad range of choices with regards to locations and practice settings.
How often will I speak to my physician recruiter?
- Your physician recruiter will be in regular contact with you with in regards to the status of your job search. At NEPRC, we pride ourselves on the high level of personal service that we provide each physician that works with us. Your physician recruiter welcomes your phone calls and emails at any time should you have a question or comment pertaining to any aspect of your search and will respond quickly. We understand the time sensitive nature of a job search and that your time is valuable.
Is my inquiry confidential?
- Your search for a job is kept in the strictest of confidence and your CV is never sent to a healthcare organization without your prior approval. We understand the importance of protecting your anonymity.